[Dixielandjazz] Metal & Jazz - Something in common?

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Mon Dec 27 11:27:13 PST 2004

There is a very interesting group that blends rock, groovy soul, jazz
and improv in a good way - not over-the-top loud, interesting melodies
and actually danceable (to a degree) - they have a few hit records and
are big on tour. Guitar, drums and Hammond B-3 with lots of guest
musicians.

Soulive is the name of the group and their website is soulive.com

I have liked just about everything I have heard from them so far...

Dave Richoux