[Dixielandjazz] New Year's Eve gigs

Tom Duncan tduncan at bellatlantic.net
Mon Dec 20 14:54:21 PST 2004

Bob Romans wrote on Thu, 16 Dec 2004
>>>Subject: [Dixielandjazz] New Year's Eve gigs
Just wondering how NY's Eve is shaping up for my listmares out in
Dixieland Jazz Land! Cell Block 7 doesn't have a New Year's Eve
gig...probably because bands have priced themselves out of the
celebration. Isn't it usual to ask double what you usually ask...or
triple? Putting up with long drives on highways where there are a lot of
people who have had "one or two"...better to celebrate at home? Curious
in Lodi...<<<

We have played First Night Teaneck since 1998 and this year they threw
all the rascals out and hired all new entertainment, so I went hunting
and hooked up with First Night Montclair (all this in NJ). We are
getting about double our usual rate, but are giving them lots of time .
. . From their opening ceremony to midnight music with Auld Lang Syne
preceding their fireworks . . . Only one set in between, so it's not
"heavy lifting."
 Other OKOM at the same event is Warren Vache, Jr. Check out
http://www.firstnightmontclair.com/ .
Don Ingle, take notice, after all that, we go home for a late party with
selected single malts, haggis and clapshot . . . It doesn't get any
better. Happy New Year and Happy Hogmanay!!

Tom Duncan
Doctor Dubious and the Agnostics