[Dixielandjazz] Melissa's CD

Charlie Hull charlie at easysounds.com
Tue Dec 14 10:38:51 PST 2004

I purchased Melissa's CD at the Sunday Jazz Meeting, and totally agree with
Ken Gates' assessment.  Pure delight.

Melissa's great delivery; straight ahead a la Kilgore; the great selection
of tunes; the laid-back two-beat feel; a la Redbone and Kilgore; the tasty
solos.

Boy, did I get my money's worth this time!

Charlie Hull

P.S.  Melissa sang the National Anthem at the opening of our Western Swing
Hall of Fame induction ceremony in October, and I never heard it sung
better;  Straight, with feeling.  And not one bit of melisma to detract from
the dignity of the anthem.  You won't hear it that way on TV.