[Dixielandjazz] OKOM Bands - How Stupid Can We Be?

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Mon Dec 13 21:53:50 PST 2004

In this state (MO) you need to be registered with the state to get a retail
sales tax license.  Not too hard to do but you do have to post a bond which
they keep for several years. Then your municipality and county get the info
from the state.  They charge their individual license and can regulate your
business.  I have a sales tax license and am registered with the state but
my local municipality has a rule about more than one home business per home.
Technically they could stop my music activity because it's the second
business but they want the money.  I am charged a percentage of the
depreciation that I claim on my fed taxes plus $25.  That can be a lot if I
buy a horn and any business equipment for my sign business.  Then if I'm
late with my payment to them they want to jerk my license and other nasty
things.

Don't get me started  about the Feds and the State with all the deductions
and workman's comp, deadlines etc.

Then to have the amateurs come along and play at less but stick the cash in
their pocket and run.

Ain't government grand and all for the privilege of collecting taxes for
them.