[Dixielandjazz] Re: CD Festival Sales Charges

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at hirelivemusic.com
Mon Dec 13 13:16:08 PST 2004

This problem could be solved with a Point of Sale package installed on the computer at the location that the CD's and/or merchandise is being sold at.

Another solution would be to not have the merchandise at a central location and have the individuals sell at the venues that they perform at.  Make the bands sign a waiver releasing the Jazz Fest from the tax liability and make the individual contractors deal with the BoE.  This might be more appealing to the bands because the impulse buying at the venue would be better than having someone make the trip to a centralized CD mart where your product is on display with everyone elses.

Mike Marois

From: "Robert S. Ringwald" <robert at ringwald.com>
Date:  Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:09:01 -0800