[Dixielandjazz] OKOM musicians and festivals

acjspres at aol.com acjspres at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 12:08:45 PST 2004

One thing I am puzzled about is the fact that not only do musicians not buy
tickets and attend jazz festivals, they don't listen to other bands when they
are hired to play at a festival. After playing jazz festivals for 20
years.......I still am anxious to hear many other musicians who are performing  when
we are not playing. Almost none of my bandmates hold the same  interest.

It is a puzzlement...no?

Joe  Hopkins
AZ Classic Jazz Society Vice-President
AZ Classsic Jazz Festival  Co-Director
Jazz Clarinet 602-810-5888 or 480-396-6798
_www.azclassicjazz.org_ (http://www.azaclassicjazz.org/)