[Dixielandjazz] Early Jazz In NYC - Jan 6, 2005

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 07:55:05 PST 2004

Yeah, Cocuzzi was there, but the guys in AZ ain't Ascione, Block, Polcer,
Barrett, and Tate in working band format. While the above are all excellent,
Ascione, for example is one of the best drummers in the world today. Yet  I
think most (not all) of us one the list probably have never heard of him,
much less heard him live.

Cheers,
Steve

on 12/11/04 10:00 AM, rahberry at comcast.net at rahberry at comcast.net wrote:
> Hi Nancy,
> The Arizona festival last month had Jon Cocuzzi, John Sheridan, Phil Flanagan,
> Allan Vache, and Jeff Hamilton who played several sets each day.  In addition,
> John Sheridan and Jon Cocuzzi played several two-piano sets.  They were a
> great group and, I believe, will be back next year.
> Rae Ann

Nancy giffin had written (polite snip)