[Dixielandjazz] Requests not to play and huge tips!

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 9 11:48:29 PST 2004

When this list first started, a musician in the Monterey area sent a post
that he played a gig at the restaurant right on the river  in Big Sur one
Saturday night until 2 AM. The next morning they had to play a brunch at 10
AM. NO ONE was in the place! Then a "real swarmy-looking guy came in dressed
in black leather pants and shirt, black boots, greasy looking slick-back
hair, with gold chains hanging around his neck, and sat down right in front
of us! He listened for about ten minutes then asked if we could play the
Saints! Our leader, without skipping a beat said yes, but it was a $500
request tune.. The guy said no problem, laid five $100 bills on the stage,
and we proceeded to play the s__t out of the Saints".
I love stories like that! It should happen to Cell Block 7. Hell! We'd play
DYKWIMTMNO for $100!!
A thought! How many of you have gotten huge tips?

Warm regards,
Bob Romans
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.