[Dixielandjazz] Songs Tuba Players Don't Play - What business are we in?

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Wed Dec 8 17:15:52 PST 2004

we don't have a piano - just me and the banjo hold the chords together
- although the horns that are not taking solos sometimes help out a bit
on some songs. That helps keep the songs interesting, but DYKWIMTMNO is
a bit tiresome - just listen to the various recorded versions Louis did
- I know it was his "theme" for a long time - not much differenced
among his "all-star" bass players.

Anyway, I  play it best I can when it is called - I am not the leader!

Dave R