[Dixielandjazz] Info Please, HOt 5 & Hot 7 Recordings

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Dec 7 07:59:37 PST 2004

Hi Bob. The 4-CD JSP set apparently is still the best, having been
transferred by the late J. R. T. Davies. Originally issued separately, this
box is just a repackaging of the original. However, no one seems to have
done as well. This is also the consensus of the experts on 78-list, who do
not like the sound of the Sony set.

--Sheik

At 07:27 AM 12/7/2004 -0800, Robert S. Ringwald wrote:
>I have asked Santa to bring me the full collection of the Louis Armstrong
>Hot 5 & Hot 7 recordings.  Unfortunately Santa does not know which set might
>be the best.
>
>I have heard much discussion here on DJML about the best version.  Could
>someone please tell me who has put out the best CD box set of these
>recordings, fidelity, remastered.  I want the best.  Not something that has
>been over tampered with.
>
>--Bob Ringwald

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
Compiler: "Dixieland FB" (Bb, C); "30S-40S FB (Bb, C)"; "Gig Book"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
http://americanmusiccaravan.com (Fake Books, Chord Books, Bands)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org