[Dixielandjazz] FW: Play L.P.'s with a laser - just like a CD

Bert Joss jaroberts at webtv.net
Sun Dec 5 16:39:08 PST 2004

Bill, I heard the one at the National Archives of Canada some years ago.
I thought the laser would eliminate surface noise, and I had them play
an early Canadian 78. Guess what!  The surface noise was still there, so
it's inherent in the shellac. They said the machine was quite
temperamental, but they used it for archiving Canadian recordings. It is
also VERY expensive and only the Canadian taxpayers can afford it!
     Bert Joss, Montreal, currently in Florida until May!

jaroberts at webtv.net