[Dixielandjazz] Getting Even

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 5 13:32:37 PST 2004

>From my friend Charlie Hull...
A musician who's spent his entire life trying to get
a record deal is feeling extremely depressed.
He's been turned-down by every record company
he's ever contacted.  No one seems to recognize
his unique genius. So, he decides to top himself
and comes up with an ingenious plan to get back at
all the record companies who've rejected him all of his life.

He books time at a recording studio, and instructs
the sound engineer to record everything he says, and
every sound he hears, and then copy it all onto 1000 CDs,
and send a CD to every record company executive on
the list that he hands the engineer.

The guy walks into the vocal booth; the red light is on,
and he begins..."This is a message for all you sycophantic,
talentless, stupid record company ass-holes who've
ignored me for all these years.  I've dedicated my life
to writing beautiful, emotive, soul-searching music, and
all you bastards do is discard my tapes, never return my
phone calls, and sign these horrible, no-talent, ridiculous,
dumb bands, and these filthy, dirty rappers!

"Well, you bunch of morons, you parasites, you dumb idiots;
I've taken all I can of your puerile, shallow industry, and it's
you who have driven me to this!  Goodbye you stupid
murderers of art!"  With that, he pulls out a gun, puts it to his
head and blows his brains out.

The sound engineer glances up and says, "Okay.  That's fine.
I've got a good level.  Wanna go for a take?"