[Dixielandjazz] Good website for info on ragtime, blues and stride songs

Arnold Day arnieday at optonline.net
Fri Dec 3 16:05:18 PST 2004

Just in case you didn't know it, Dave, the one big advantage of midi files is their small size. For a solo piano, they are typically only 6 to 12 KB per minute of playings time, compared to, for example, 1000KB per minute for an MP3 file encoded at 128Kb per second. This means that midi files can be downloaded and saved to your hard drive in seconds, even with a dial-up connection.
Arnie