[Dixielandjazz] Re: Don't People Dance Any More
Robert S. Ringwald
robert at ringwald.com
Fri Dec 3 13:34:49 PST 2004
Listmates, pardon the black humor here.
I sent the message from our Listmate in Israel, regarding the Dr. Jazz Trio
and people dancing, to a friend & former DJML Listmate, Mad Dawg. Below is
Well with a question like that he should come to the US and attend a
festival like Kalispell. Ha Playing in the streets in that country can
be a risky business, especially if you are where the people are, like a
pizza parlor like the one blown up or a bus stop where people are
waiting. They might think your round banjo is a disguised land mine.
Songs to avoid over there.
1. I'm Sitting on Top of the Bus
2. Bill Bailey You Ain't NEVER Comin' Home.
3. Molten Metal Swing
4. I Left My Heart (and other bodily parts) in Telive.
5. Hello Central, give me 911
6. I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for the Medics.
7. St. Joseph Infirmary Blues
8. When the Saints go Marching In-early.
9. I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive (Jerry Lee Lewis version)
10.The Prisoner Song (If I had the wings of an angel)
And the least popular song, "Holding the Sack" by Hal Smith and his
You get the idea I am sure.
More information about the Dixielandjazz