[Dixielandjazz] Re: So bad it must be shared.......

Beth Villanyi bethv at portafortuna.com
Fri Dec 3 08:47:25 PST 2004

Stan,

With all due respect, Bb Db and F spell a Bb minor chord. The interval
between Db and F is a major third. D to F is a minor third. Play it on a
keyboard if you don't believe me. So the joke is referring to the chord
being minor, not the two intervals of the chord.

So the bartender here in California could not serve the minor chord, but
when the Db left, the Bb and F had the perfect fifth between them to enjoy.
I certainly don't want to be the Db!

Beth