[Dixielandjazz] Attn All Members -- Strange Messages

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Aug 31 07:29:04 PDT 2004

Dave Haupt, the DJML Asst. Moderator reports the following:

(snip)

The blank messages that have shown up in the past few days appear to be
some virus on an unknown computer attempting to spread itself.  The DJML
software is stripping the attached virus, so what we see on DJML is just
a blank message.
The headers in the blank messages suggest that they are sourced from a
Catholic Diocese in San Francisco.  Since that's highly unlikely, I make
the assumption that the virus is creating its own email server on the
infected machine, and faking the header information.

(snip)