[Dixielandjazz] Brass Playing Mishaps

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 30 14:42:27 PDT 2004

DJMLers--
     No, life is not always pretty, nor fair.  Mistakes do happen from
time to time.  Just count yourself lucky if you're not being
recorded.  I just got this message from Danny Hamilton, who
co-ordinates emailings for the Air Force Musicians Association.

     "Brass Playing Mishaps
Every brass player has tasted total humiliation at some time. Here
are some anonymous recordings, collected from around the Globe, of
players experiencing the ultimate discomfort. As you laugh remember,
next time it could be you!!!"

     Only a couple of jazz excerpts, but some mistakes were so funny i
laughed out loud (and yes, i bin there, done that myself).  (Yeah,
right, i'm laughing WITH the player....)

     Dan