[Dixielandjazz] Re: Condon tune

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Aug 28 16:54:58 PDT 2004

Dear Ernie,
You asked:  "In the fifties, Eddie Condon recorded a tune with his all-stars
that concluded with them shifting into "Ole Miss".  Can anyone tell me what
tune that was?"
How long is a piece of string?
However, I would guess that you are talking about the Eddie Condon All Stars
Columbia session of 24 Nov 1953 and the medley "Jam Session Blues/Ole Miss"
with Wild Bill, Cutty Cutshall, Ed Hall, Gene Schroeder, Condon, Walter Page
& Cliff Leeman.
Other titles from the session were "Beale Street Blues/Riverboat Shuffle"
and a medley of "Emaline/I Can't Give You Anything But Love/ Don't Worry
About Me".
Lou McGarity and George Wettling were added for "Jam Session Blues/Ole
Miss".
Magnificent stuff!!
The Columbia LP CL 547, 'Jam Session Coast to Coast' had The Rampart Street
Paraders on the other side. (Or was it the other way around?)
Very kind regards,
Bill.