[Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy discography and MORE

Phil Crumley pcrumley at compuserve.com
Fri Aug 27 13:26:15 PDT 2004

Recent postings by Dan Augustine and Fred Spencer have discussed Turk
Murphy discography listings.  Persons interested in that may also be
interested in the  brand new book, Meet Me At McGoon's, by Pete Clute & Jim
Goggin. It was just released this month, is over 300 pages with 800 photos,
and covers the many great jazz years when Pete & Turk ran Earthquake
McGoon's as their jazz home in San Francsico.

The book does include an extensive discography which author Jim Goggin
describes as,"a list of (Turk's) recordings up to the date of this writing.
 For ease of utilizing the listing, it is in alphabetical order by record
compay.  Excluded are 78', 45's, EP's, 10"LP's and foregn releases(we did
include a few tht may be of interest to hardcore collectors)."

 For details please email me privately, not via the DJML list.

Phil Crumley
pcrumley at compuserve.com