[Dixielandjazz] Fw: [TPIN] Uninvited Olympic Trumpeters

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Aug 27 09:36:08 PDT 2004

When I lived in the Los Angeles area from 1979 to 1995, Manny & Uan
(mentioned below) used to come into where my band, the Great Pacific JB, was
playing on Sunday nights.  I too was personally told this story by both of
them.

However, while the story below indicate that they did it only once, they
told me that they continued to do it throughout the 1964 Olympics, wherever
they were when the National Anthem was played.

--Bob Ringwald
Placerville, CA USA