[Dixielandjazz] More Performance Hints From Usher

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 25 07:49:16 PDT 2004

Forgot to include this gem from the review. Anyone who has been to Las
Vegas, or seen a top performer in any venue can relate to this.

So how come most of us OKOMers live in denial of what the music really
is? :-) VBG.

Why not do this on Salty Dog, or I Want A Little Girl, or Million Dollar
Secret? It will turn you 70 year old's into sex objects.

Hey, why not? Old folks need love too.

Cheers,
Steve

"For "Superstar," Usher invited a young woman onstage and serenaded her
with a role-reversal fantasy: "I'll be your groupie, baby/ 'Cause you
are my superstar."

"They did a brief slow dance, with Usher's hand on her stomach, about
half an inch north of something more serious than dancing."

"Then he laid her on a divan, bent over her and - what? Huh? She was
smiling, but she squirmed away from his embrace."

"She said something, allowed him a quick peck on the cheek, then it was
over: defeated, he escorted her offstage. This was a real role-reversal,
and a thrilling one: for a brief moment, everyone knew exactly who was
in charge."