[Dixielandjazz] FATS WALLER

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 06:20:53 PDT 2004

For all the Fats Waller fans out there who may not know about this site,
see the below note from Stephen Taylor, one of the world's best Fat's Men.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Dear Friends of Fats,

My Fats Waller web site at Yahoo! Geocities has become increasingly
unreliable, and so I've now (shock! horror!) paid a small subscription
for web hosting at a company called Artisanpath in the USA.

The web site remains www.fatswaller.org <http://www.fatswaller.org/> ,
but if you have trouble with that you might like to try
http://www.taiping.artisanpath.com/

<http://www.taiping.artisanpath.com/> I've changed the RealPlayer music
downloads to MP3 files, since I think the majority of people can play
MP3 files.

The download "bandwidth" provided by Artisanpath is 10 GB per month
which is much greater than the free Geocities site, and should be
adequate, but please let me know if you have any problem, because here
in Amazing Thailand it's sometimes difficult to find out exactly where
the glitch is occurring in the Internet system.

The Fats Waller Ultimate Discography has been updated with a number of
previously unknown private and home recordings by Fats Waller from the
Clifford Morris Collection at Wesleyan University. I have been assisting
Wesleyan in identifying the recordings.

As Fats used to say ..."One never knows, do one?"

Best Regards,
Stephen Taylor