[Dixielandjazz] Joe Ashworth In Memorian - East

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 20 10:31:31 PDT 2004

Anybody going to the Joe Ashworth Memorial Jam in Lafayette NJ this weekend?

I expect some of my playing buddies from the Southampton Dixie, Racing &
Clambake Society Jazz Band will be there. Bill Barnes, etc. I preceded
Joe in that band playing with SDRCS in the mid 1950's to 1962 before
moving out of NYC. Great memories.

Lafayette is in Northwest NJ, north of Interstate 80, near Newton. The
gathering in Joe's memory, will be Saturday, 8/21 from 2PM till you pass
out and again on Sunday from 11 AM to 3 PM. Rain or shine.

Venue is a Fred's Farm at 100 Warbasse Junction Road, Lafayette NJ
07848. Fred played tuba in the band after I left, (and Barbara Dreiwitz
got pregnant. :-) VBG)

Info at <http://www.okom.com/ashworth_mem.htm>

Bring your axe if you have one. We are coming to play.

I'll be there Saturday. Directions via mapquest. let them know if you
are going to be there. Hot dogs, hamburgers, beer and soda will be
provided. (Just like the old jazz gatherings)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone