[Dixielandjazz] Re: Birds and fish

Plectrum Joe plecjo at netscape.net
Thu Aug 19 20:51:09 PDT 2004

Dear Bill

then again, how about the 78 of Joe Venuti and Friends with a drunken
botchup of a beautiful waltz on one side called the "Onyx Club Review".
The other side called "Non-Skid Manure" has several minutes of offensive
dialogue followed by some very hot OKOM choruses with a vocal "Echo in
the Valley" alluding to flatulence followed by a duet played on the
mouth com les Mills Brothers except I don't think the Mills Bros ever
lipped such ripe sounds. Were Joe and his friends seriously trying to be
funny or were they just drunk? Was the disc on general release? I find
the sides funny but then, one man's fish is another man's poisson.

back to lurk
Plectrum joe