[Dixielandjazz] Pat Metheny on Kenny G. and Louis Armstrong

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Thu Aug 19 08:41:18 PDT 2004

Bob asks:-

> Do I read this correctly?  "30 year old Louis Armstrong doing WWW?" Does
> this mean he recorded it in 1931?  What am I missing here?

The quote in question says :-

> >       "....Not long ago [2000], Kenny G put out a recording where he
> >       overdubbed himself on top of a 30+ year old Louis Armstrong
> >       record, the track "what a wonderful world".

I think this refers to a 30+ year old record not a 30 year old Louis
Making it around 1974. Sounds more believable

Andy Ling