[Dixielandjazz] Re:WHERE DO WE DRAW THE OKOM LINE?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 16:09:47 PDT 2004

I'm with you Louis,

Just so happens I have those same tunes in my bands repertoire and we play
them often,especially after an audience has heard our version once, we start to
get requests for them along with many others that upset many Dixieland Trad
Groups.

I play what the AUDIENCE WANTS TO HEAR sometimes even if I don't personally
like the song, which has happened many a time I assure you.

Ya gotta dance with him whut brung you to the dance,

And ya should play what the paying audience wants to hear if you want to keep
getting paid to play.   If not you will soon be playing your ART in the
Garage to your Cat and it's pet mice.

Cheers,  Keep Swingin man.

Tom Wiggins