[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

Patrick Cooke patcooke at cox.net
Wed Aug 18 05:23:56 PDT 2004

Brian says:

>How about this? As far as Bob Crosby's Bobcats.

       When Bob Crosby's Bobcats disbanded, most of the people on this list,
and many of the festival players of today, were not even born.
        I constantly hear questions about how we can get younger audiences
interested in OKOM.  Of course, upon admission to our "better informed"
group,  they will be expected to renounce all allegiance to the music they
presently like.  We wouldn't want to associate with anyone plebian enough to
like anything else, would we?

        How many of the die hards who want to recruit other audiences would
be willing to even listen to the music their prospective recruits like????
         If we must draw a line, how will we select a committee to determine
where the line is?  Will they live long enough to come to an agreement??  Do
we have to listen to them bicker about it??
         Pat Cooke