[Dixielandjazz] Re:WHERE DO WE DRAW THE OKOM LINE?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 13:19:46 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/16/04 12:13:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, DWSI at aol.com
writes:

> TO LISTMATES &OKOM LOVERS. We're  always complaining about "modern" jazz
> overshadowing our  beloved "traditional" jazz and I sing loudly in this
> chorus.
> But now I stop  and wonder: Where do we draw the line between them?

Hi Dan:

Why bother to perpetrate further excursions into musical insanity?

Once upon a time Traditional Jazz ( OKOM) was Modern Jazz  so what's the
problem it's all Jazz and done the Burger King Style   " Have it Your Way"
Whatever rings your  chimes and the audiences to whom you perfom.

That makes it all OKOM if you and the audience both like what your musical
offerings contain.

Cheers,

Tom (Haven't a Clue Wiggins)