[Dixielandjazz] Re: Conductors (was The Music Business Changes Constantly)

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 14 21:22:56 PDT 2004

Maybe they'll start taking bennies if they have to bus to gigs. :-) VBG.

My classical trombone player (Glenn Dodson 28 years Principal Trombone,
Philadelphia Symphony before he joined Barbone Street) says they do
indeed make a difference. He served under Ormandy, Mehta, Swallisch and
a few others. Imagine them on the bus with Buddy Rich.

Just back from a gig. Thought I'd be battling Hurricane Charlie, but it
kind of fizzled out before it reached our area.

Cheers,
Steve

TCASHWIGG at aol.com wrote: (polite snips)