[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Texas / CD sales

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 14:27:21 PDT 2004

Hello Dan Augustine:

"Jon Stutler   Jon at Razzmajazz.com is having great success in Dallas.
THE RAZZMAJAZZ DIXIELAND BAND   "Havin' Fun Playing America's Music"
Metro 817-477-1997   (fax  817-560-0708)  Toll Free 1-877-477-1997"

"Come see us every Tuesday night and the first Saturday of the month from
7-10:00pm at the Bavarian Grill, 221 W. Parker Road, Plano, Tx.   Be a part
of the audience as we record "the Good Times and Great Jazz Show! for
broadcast the following Sunday evening at 6:00pm on Legends 77, KAAM, 770AM."

So, why not call and or visit him and find out how he does it? He is doing a potfull of gigs. Help is just a few hours up the Interstate from Austin, plus it is an audience with which you can relate.

Hello Rocky Ball:

Bela Fleck only sells 100,000 CDs of a session and doesn't make much money? Heck, if I sold 100,000 CDs, I'd be a millionaire from record sales alone.
The way I figure it, CD sales would be $1.5 million so I could afford to spend a half million on production & distribution.

Most jazz musicians, even the very best, are lucky to sell 20,000 CDs of one session and those of us in OKOM probably never see that number except in our dreams, or garages where we store all the unsold ones from several issues. :-)VBG

Cheers,
Steve Barbone