[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee

Jon Stutler jon at razzmajazz.com
Tue Aug 10 08:02:11 PDT 2004

I have to agree with Steve.  My band (www.razzmajazz.com) plays an average
of 160 dates a year in the Dallas area, which is not exactly a hotbed for
jazz.  We have only one night a week in a local venue, but struck a deal
with a local restaurant to buy a weekly radio show on a low power station
featuring the band.  Now, I produce the show and we have moved to a Legends
station, KAAM 770 AM.  The audience fit is better and we will grow from the
exposure each week.  YES, it's a "paid" deal.   Promotion, awareness, and
hard work do pay off.  We are very creative in the packages we offer and the
extras we provided.  I have Tommy Loy to thank for terrific mentorship in
these areas.

Jon Stutler   Jon at Razzmajazz.com
Metro 817-477-1997   (fax  817-560-0708)  Toll Free 1-877-477-1997

THE RAZZMAJAZZ DIXIELAND BAND   "Havin' Fun Playing America's Music"
http://www.razzmajazz.com      Jon at Razzmajazz.com
Come see us every Tuesday night and the first Saturday of the month from
7-10:00pm at the Bavarian Grill, 221 W. Parker Road, Plano, Tx.   Be a part
of the audience as we record "the Good Times and Great Jazz Show! for
broadcast the follwing Sunday evening at 6:00pm on Legends 77, KAAM, 770AM.

Toughlove International
President - Board of Directors
 Self-help parent support groups for parents with troubled kids
http://www.toughlove.org

(
(GET OVER IT BAND LEADERS. Go find some work in your backyard among this
(vast audience that is just waiting to hear good music. Call, or write
(list mate Dave Gravett in Springfield Missouri, that great hot bed of
(Dixieland ;-),  Ask him how his band manages to play twice a week in
(locsal venues there.
(
(Cheers,
(Steve Barbone