[Dixielandjazz] A Summer Cucumber

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Mon Aug 9 06:29:09 PDT 2004

Hello Bill

Here in Norway we have an expression "a summer cucumber". During the summer little happens newsworthy (no blizzards, frozen water pipes, broken bones due to slippery ice, and so forth), so people write small, usually trivial, items which are referred to as "cucumbers"..
So in this spirit I was surprised to hear that you don't also regularly receive offers of a 10% share in a secret African fortune of 30 or so million dollars, nor that you have won first prize in an international lottery.

All the best

Bob