[Dixielandjazz] Letter on Sacramento Jubilee

Will Connelly willc at highstream.net
Thu Aug 5 09:06:26 PDT 2004

Hullo, troops -
I wrote to the Sacto Bee in response to their report of Jubilee
finances, and I said that
local government should be ashamed of itself for lending money to STJS
instead of
making outright grants to an organization that for more than a quarter
century
has been contributing hugely to the local economy and nourishing  an
important part
of our national cultural heritage.

As to the present rage about Jubilee content,  may I respectfully urge
you boppers,
zydecoists, mainstream and other musical alienists to go start and build
your own
festival and leave the Jubilee and like-patterned fetes alone until I'm
dead..

In other words, shove it.

Kindly

Will Connelly