[Dixielandjazz] Jazz history in Israel

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Wed Aug 4 09:55:55 PDT 2004

Elazar said :

"we will be able to head out to Holland on our first "international tour"
(we plan
to do street music in Amsterdam and lots of other places for about 3 weeks)
with our hot little disk in our hot little hands."

While you are there look out for the Robin Nolan trio, a Django Hot Club de
France style group (sadly sans violinist, Robin told me that they could not
afford to pay one) who play in Damm Square - or some such name - from time
to time. There we were, sipping a large gin and tonic, when three young guys
arrived toting guitar cases. My heart sank, but when they started playing
all this wonderful, riveting, energetic stuff we stayed until the sun slowly
declined into the west. The hat came round several times, I left Damm Square
with empty pockets, a light heart and a CD which one of my daughters stole
while I wasn't paying attention.

Thoroughly recommended - have a good trip Elazar, Amsterdam is something
else but stay out of those "brown cafes" which sell funny cigarettes the
size of carrots.

John Farrell