[Dixielandjazz] Re: What A Wonderful World - was Musical Whores

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 4 07:33:09 PDT 2004

Robert S. Ringwald wrote:

>Hey Steve, at the risk of starting another "WWW" war on DJML, I'd play that
>one anywhere.  I think it is a great tune.

I'm with you, Mr. Wonderful. There are virtually unlimited ways to play
this song as pure, creative jazz. Anybody who doesn't hear the harmony
possibilities and chord substitution possibilities, and JAZZ
possibilities inherent in WWW is musically challenged to put it mildly.
(or a musical idiot to be realistic about it)

Oops, did I say that out loud? ;-) VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Who thinks that WWW is a much better tune than any of the 150 three
chord Dixieland tunes you can name and in fact, much better than most of
the slow meter Dixieland tunes.