[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong's Grand Son

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLiveMusic.com
Tue Aug 3 22:19:37 PDT 2004

Here's one for you guys, about two years ago I was at a jazz club meeting in
Lake Ellsinore and sat at a table with two characters.  One guy "claimed" to
be Louis Armstrong's nephew and the other was posing as a descendant of the
Assuntos.  The only thing the first guy had in common with Louis is that
they were both black.  As for the other guy claiming to be part of my
family, this guy, Robert Orlando, had changed his name to Bob "Duke" Assunto
to cash in on the accomplishments of my Uncles' group.  Just goes to show
you what lengths some idiots will go to make a buck.

Mike Marois
Tuba/Computer Guru
http://www.TheDukesofDixieland.com
http://www.therealdukes.com
http://www.NAJAzz.com

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com]On Behalf Of Robert S.
Ringwald
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 9:59 PM
To: DJML
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Armstrong's Grand Son

Sometimes people will claim such things, especially when moving half way
around the world to become a "star".

When I moved to Placerville, CA, I put out the word that I was Paul
Edgerton's grandson.  You know, believe it or not, it didn't do me any good
at all.

Bob
robert at ringwald.com
Placerville, CA, USA, Earth, Sol's System, Milky Way
Amateur (ham) Radio Station K6YBV
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See: http://www.ringwald.com
Boondockers Jazz & Comedy Band