[Dixielandjazz] Illegitimacy

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Tue Aug 3 12:25:23 PDT 2004

Aw, I can top all of this, for I am the illegitimate great- grandchild
of Benny Goodman, or maybe even Jimmy Noone.  Of course, those who have
heard me think that Ted Lewis was the real culprit.

I want to be the first to establish the use of Clarinetaoke, where we
invite all the clarinetists whos don't play much to come to my club and
play along with recordings.
We could kill 'em in the aisles, and maybe Nan Lander (or is it Pan
Handler) could write an article about me.

This could lead to Tromaoke, Trumpaoke,
or, perhaps, Saxaoke clubs springing up all over the world.

We could all be working again!

Harold Smith