[Dixielandjazz] Sachmo's great grandson Herb

Mark Bauer jazz_trombone at axint.net
Tue Aug 3 09:13:00 PDT 2004

It is a little well know fact that Satchmo had an illegitimate child. He
speaks of it in the book "Louis Armstrong, in His Own Words: Selected
Writings". It is spoken of in the list of bills that Joe Glaser would
pay for Louis while he was on tour(which was always). In this edition
the mother is unnamed but she lived in Chicago or New York I don't
remember which. My understanding is that in earlier editions of the book
the mother was named. Lucille, Louis' fourth and last wife probably
didn't know about the child but maybe she did.

MB

--
"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being
said."