[Dixielandjazz] Obsolete!!! --- Was: CD-Rs with short memory...

Adaywayne at aol.com Adaywayne at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 11:48:06 PDT 2004

As a satisfactory alternative, if you have a turntable with a P-mount or
universal-mount cartridge, one can buy a cartridge.stylus designed for 78 records.
Play them at 45 rpm and then use  audio editor software to change to  the
"correct" speed without changing the pitch.
Arnie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 4/23/2004 10:31:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
roadie at btinternet.com writes:
> Secondly, it is a bitch or at least very expensive to get a
> turn table for 78 rpm records these days.......<snip>

But they are still produced. Technics still make 'em and at around GBP 400
retail I s'pose they are a bit on the pricey side but they will also play
33/45rpm discs. Numark and other brands also produce turntables which include
78rpm for about half the price.

~=~
John,
        Suffolk, England.