[Dixielandjazz] Juba Plays the Fluba in Aruba.

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Sun Apr 18 16:19:24 PDT 2004

Steve and all,

There are actually two different kinds of Fluba: the one that Jim Self
has and the kind that is used at the San Jose Christmas Tubafest ®

I don't know which is older but several of the San Jose version have
been used for over 15 years. The San Jose kind of Fluba is a normal
Fluglehorn with the lead pipe turned around 90 degrees so the horn
looks more like a small old style  Eb Alto Horn (Peck Horn.)  It is
used for those special high notes in Tony Clement's great arrangements
of Xmas songs.

I don't seem to find any pictures of the San Jose style Fluba on the
web right now but I will let you know if any turn up...

Dave Richoux