[Dixielandjazz] Great pianists

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Apr 13 09:12:35 PDT 2004

Arnie -

If only you knew the problem you caused this morning by sending me that
massive MP3 file !! I live in a prehistoric small town in England which
has never heard of broadband so I have to survive on dial-up - every time I
tried to download your file about half of it arrived then my email program
crashed. Eventually I succeeded by accessing my mailbox on the internet.

I agree with you that Segey Zhilin (a new name to me) is a phenomenal
pianist but there is no way that his superfast stylings could be translated
to piano roll, no mechanical instrument could cope with it. I would add that
I thoroughly enjoyed his terrific piano playing.

Thanks for the music, but please don't send me any more huge files by email
!!

John Farrell