[Dixielandjazz] Hello, Dixieland Jazz Fans! Creole Jazz Band news...

Creole Dixieland Jazz Band dave at creolejazz.com
Sun Apr 11 20:18:28 PDT 2004

Greetings, Dixieland Jazz Fans!

This is the occasional newsletter of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. (E-mail removal instructions at the bottom of this message.)

For details on all of this news and a whole lot more, visit our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

DAVENPORT, HERE WE COME!
The Creole Band is extremely proud and pleased to announce that we have been invited to perform at this year's Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival in Davenport, Iowa July 22-25. A host of great traditional jazz bands will be at this year's prestigious, four-day event which honors the one and only Bix Beiderbecke, one of the greatest jazz cornetists of all time who just happened to hail from Davenport. For ticket and festival information visit: bixsociety.org.

DES MOINES, HERE WE COME!
We are also pleased to announce that we'll be part of Kurt Bowermaster's "Good Time Jazz Concert Series" this year. We will perform Saturday, October 16 from 7-10 p.m. at the Adventureland Inn & Resort (I-80 and Highway 65) in Altoona, a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa. Call 515-251-7602 for tickets and information. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. The Adventureland Inn $11.95 Prime Rib Buffet is served from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. Pre-show dinner entertainment begins at 5:30 p.m. There is a dance floor and general admission table seating. If you're in the neighborhood, come by for this great concert.

STILL EVERY SUNDAY at ARRIS' PIZZA
Every Sunday from 6:30 till 8:30 p.m.; 1332 E. Republic Road in Springfield. Remember to call for a reservation, 417-881-7260.

STILL EVERY MONDAY at JOEY'S SEAFOOD RESTAURANT
"Mardi Gras Mondays" at Joey's are a blast! The joint jumps from 6:00 till 8:00 every Monday night; 1645 W. Republic Road. "Mardi Gras Mondays" feature a special Louisiana/Cajun menu and live New Orleans jazz with the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band. Joey's is now taking reservations on Mondays. Give Joey's a call at 417-655-0562 and come out for the great food and fun.

TERRIFIC MUSICIANS
Lots of great players have played with or sat in with the Creole Band lately:

Cornet - Mark Brueggemann, Lee Smith
Clarinet - Jerry Hoover, Dick Turner
Trombone - Red Ormsbee, Chuck Mahaffey
Piano - Harry Beckett, Lee Smith, Gary Ellison
Bass - Brandon Henson
Drums - Robin Hendry, Casey Smith
Vocals - Jerry Haden, Steve Mann, Bob Bilyeu, Rudy Stretesky

A complete list of musicians who have played with the band one time or another is on our website: http://www.CreoleJazz.com.

GREAT SONGS
Lately we've played: "My Heart", "Willie The Weeper", "Mood Indigo", "Hello Dolly", "Puttin' On The Ritz", "Amazing Grace", "The Charleston", "Fidgety Feet", "Battle Hymn of the Republic", and lots of other terrific old tunes. Come request your favorites Sundays and Mondays.

"Thank you" to everyone who continues to come out to Arris' on Sundays and to Joey's on Mondays to support live, traditional, New Orleans jazz.

See you soon.

The Creole Dixieland Jazz Band
"It's a treat to beat your feet"
http://www.CreoleJazz.com
Springfield, Missouri
Dave Gravatt
417-581-5626
Live, hot, traditional New Orleans Dixieland jazz from 6:30 till 8:30 every Sunday night except Easter and the Superbowl at Arris' Pizza, 1332 E. Republic Road (between Fremont & National) in Springfield, Missouri; 417-881-7260.

Hear the band EVERY MONDAY night from 6-8 p.m. at Joey's Seafood Restaurant, 1645 W. Republic Rd in front of Remingtons at James River Expressway and Kansas Expressway; 417-655-0562.

***You're receiving this because you (or someone pretending to be you) requested to be on the mailing list of the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band from Springfield, Missouri. Or, I know you personally and just thought you'd want to be on the list. Either way, if you DO NOT want to be on our list, just reply and let me know. Thanks.***