[Dixielandjazz] The Ultimate Jazz Cruise

Avache1 at aol.com Avache1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 12:56:10 PDT 2004

bbradford at cruisecafe.com writes:
Hi Nancy!

It is possible that John Allred will be the trombone player for the
All-stars as well. Allan Vache (who is our musical coordinator for this
event) did not specifically tell me so but it is probable. John is also
scheduled to appear with "Dem Bones" with his dad, Kevin Rupp, Randy Morris,
Phil Flanigan and Howard Elkins.
Nancy & Brett:
I did not schedule John Allred to play any sets with our all-star band, since
at the time, I did the schedule, we were not sure the John would be able to
play the cruise. His first commitment is to Harry Connick, and he wasn't sure
of his schedule at the time. I did, however schedule one set of the all-stars
with Bill Allred. I will tell you that, if John would like, he's more than
welcome to join us on one or more of the sets we'll be playing.
I expect that many such surprises will occur during the week. Jam sessions
and sitting in will be encouraged among the players hired for the cruise.
If you have already purchased your cabin, my suggestion is don't miss any of
the sets. You never know what will happen.
Allan Vache'