[Dixielandjazz] "All the girls go crazy about the way I..."

D and R Hardie darnhard at ozemail.com.au
Sat Apr 3 07:33:52 PST 2004

Dear David,
The tune is generally regarded as part of the Bolden repertoire under
the title All the Whores Go Crazy About the Way I Ride.  ( I think
Danny Barker was the source of the information.) Wooden Joe Nicholas
recorded it under that title on American Music AMCD 5. His is a bit
rougher than the Bunk Johnson Yerba Buena one. (Witnesses said Bunk
could never play loud and  rough  like Buddy.) I have been researching
it for a current project and tried Googling it the other day but was
advised only that  it was written by Ory which I doubt. I think it was
origiinally one of the vernacular jump ups played by Bolden and others.
I have not been able to get hold of a lyric so I would appreciate a
copy of it and your lead sheet. I could perhaps comment  further then.
I too would appreciate any other information list members can provide.
best wishes
  Dan Hardie
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~darnhard/EarlyJazzHistory.html