[Dixielandjazz] Black and Blue, Steve Barbone,and David Littlefield

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Tue Sep 30 17:54:17 PDT 2003

Boy, is my face red? Well, it isn't Black and Blue.

Yes, I WAS fooled by Louis' rendition of Black and  Blue, and I did
think the song was really about the sorrows of beng black.  Well, it
should have been, but it really wasn;t, thanks to David Littlefield's
sendigme an email with the verse, which shows it was a woman's lament
about being dark-skinned when all te guys wanted the those of lighter
skin tone.

I didn't think Louis would ever fool anyone, but he at least got me on
that one.

Apologies are extended to Mr. Barbone for disputing his factual
assertion, andto all the rest of you for exhibiting my misinterpretation
of fact.

This could qualify me for a job in Washington.

HaroldSmih