[Dixielandjazz] RE: PBS' "Blues"

Marty Nichols trombone19 at netzero.net
Mon Sep 29 13:28:24 PDT 2003

Jim Beebe wrote:"I think that I should clarify my statements on Louis Armstrong and Jack Teagarden as great 'blues' singers and players.  I did not mean to imply that I was prejudging or condemning the 'Blues' series coming up on Public Tv.

Listen to Louis & Tea on the "Back 'O' Town Bues on the Town Hall Concert.

Jim Beebe"

With all the information available on the series, it is obvious that it leaves out not only Armstrong/Teagarden, but all the "modren (sic) jazz" players like Miles Davis, Lester Young, etc. etc.

I stick by what I wrote to the paper.  If that is "prejudging or condemning" .. so be it! I have no qualms doing just that. :D

Marty Nichols