[Dixielandjazz] Re:Alvin Alcorn - redux

Bill Haesler bhaesler at nsw.bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 26 10:18:50 PDT 2003

Dear Rebecca,
Regarding: >Gee, Bill.  If this is what caused you to be an "ex" friend, I wonder how much value I would place on the
friendship.   But then, being so far removed from the incident, perhaps I just don't get it.<
Thank you for your friendly concern.
I didn't get it either for a while, until I thought it over, then spoke to Eric Brown by phone. (He rang me to see if I
had received his letter - he is not an email person.)
He was being facetious in his usual laconic way.
However, he was (understandably) a bit hurt about me giving credit for the Alvin tour, by inference, to someone else (a
Sydney bandleader) so I offered to correct the misinformation with another email to DJML.
Very kind regards,
Bill.