[Dixielandjazz] Russian Jazz - NY Times Review

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 02:31:54 PDT 2003

Now Ladies and Gentlemen of the DJML who were quick to jump on me about
saying that many countries were Thirty years behind the USA in Culture.

Here is an article from the New York times, ( So it must be True )  that
states that a Russian Top Star Jazz Musician gets his jazz musical inspiration
from 1960s cartoons.

Hello guys that is 30 years or more behind what is happening here musically.

I hope this article clears up what I was saying in my earlier posts that
offended some of my European comrades.

I have personally toured there and heard it for myself not only in Russia,
but Finland, Holland, Belgium, France, parts of Spain, and other places.

Not being arrogant at all, just watching and listening to what I am exposed
to in other cultures musically.

Also find many interesting local musicians who are trying diligently to play
American Jazz and incorporate their culture into it.  Sometimes it works well
too.  Sometimes not.

Tom "I enjoy it all " Wiggins  if it swings.