[Dixielandjazz] Bb is the key of life

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 01:43:58 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Much discussion on the cosmic key.

I notice lots of postings to this thread intimating that God plays the
5-string banjo, the cornet, the trombone, the piano, the saxophone, etc.

Also, Whoever started the subject of this thread ("Bb is the key of life")
missed it. The key of Bb actually contains two (count 'em - 2) flats (Bb and
Eb). That introduces an ambiguity into the equation. I believe the subject
should be "F is the key of life."

Furthermore, may I suggest that God can play 'em all -- God is a symphony
orchestra and the key he plays in is D minor (great sweeping works are
written in D minor - Bach's Tocatta and Fugue, Rachmaninoff's Third Piano
Concerto, Cesar Franc's first symphony)!

D minor, as you all know, is the relative minor to F major and the key
signature of both D minor and F major is the ever faithful single flat (Bb).

It's amazing how these great cycles of creation with their awe and majesty
impact us all.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "What do I know, I play the washboard" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com