[Dixielandjazz] Spelling etc

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 05:05:23 PDT 2003

Hi John and all,

You observed:

>The phaomnnehil pweor of the hmuan mnid.
>
>Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
>waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
>frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses
>and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid
>deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
>
>smiply amzanig huh?

Not really . . . every elementary school teacher knows this. It doesn't take
a research linguist at Cambridge University to tell us something we already
know.

Furthermore, its also amazing how much degredation in resolution of the
printed page is possible before the text becomes unreadable.

Cheers,

Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com